Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Career Changers - Must Read.

You don’t have to portray yourself as something you’re not (you’re not going to fool anyone, anyway). If you are, for example, a consumer products marketing executive trying to move into the nonprofit world, I always recommend that you a format with a professional summary and a breakout of your core skills. Create a summary that is less industry-specific and make certain that you list skills that are more specific to the industry (i.e. client relations = donor relations)

1 comment:

Paulina Cameron said...

I think that you have a portrait of a great writer in your mind. You tell exactly what your readers want to hear. We do need to take risks more and not to take the chances that life gives us for granted. I also tried to write a good summary as you are suggesting but I didn’t have the right idea of it until you have explained it so well in your blog. I guess I will start looking for where people are buying paper online immediately and I will definitely follow your blog to get more information on the subject.