Wednesday, July 29, 2026

About Following your Passion

 About Following your Passion

While it sounds awesome to "follow your passion" as related to your career, it can be as if you are looking at the world through rose-colored glasses, ignoring your level of competency.  I love football but that does not mean I had the training or skills to be a great linebacker, which, if I dedicated my late teens and early 20s to this goal, it would have led to struggles.  Passion rarely precedes good work; on the flip side, your passion and motivation is gained and fulfilled once you have become skilled and gain mastery / high level of expertise. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Does this post add value to your business day? I post about job search best practices and issues related to the job market 2x per day M-F. Click "Follow" on my profile - Allan

https://www.linkedin.com/in/abrownresumewriter/ (posting job search advice 1 – 2x daily)

No comments: